This flatbread is topped with homemade baba ganoush (see recipes if you'd like to make this yourself, I would recommend, its delicious), hummus, greek yogurt, salad leaves and falafel with the bursting addition of pomegranate seeds and a parsley oil. YUM!
FLATBREAD (Makes 2) (Video Recipe Available)
50g Self Raising Flour
50g Natural Yogurt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
SPICED FALAFEL (Makes 6)
1 Can Chickpeas
1 Small Onion
2 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 Egg Beaten
- Combine the flatbread ingredients in a bowl and make sure they are well mixed. Leave the dough to one side until required.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Tip into a large mixing bowl with the chickpeas and spices, then mash together with a fork until well combined.
. Stir in the parsley and add the egg.
- Using your hands, mould the mixture into 6 balls.
- Heat some oil in the frying pan and cook the falafel for 3 minutes, turning so the ball is browned all around. Put in the oven whilst you cook your flatbread.
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat
- Take some of your flatbread dough and roll it out to your desired size and thickness
- Add the flatbread to your dry pan and cook, flipping after a minute or so
- Put the cooked flatbread on a plate and top with deliciousness