3 Ingredient Flatbread with Goats Cheese and Red Onion
A delicious lunch to share or a lovely sharing bread when you have guests!
The goats cheese and red onion combination is one that has been around for a long time, and there is a reason why. Its just such a great flavour! On this flatbread it is so delicious!
15 Minute Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
100g Self Raising Flour
100g Natural Yogurt
1tsp Baking Powder
2 Red Onions
1-2tbs Brown Sugar (depending on how sweet you like them)
1tbs Balsamic Vinegar
100g Goats Cheese
Balsamic Vinegar (reduced)
- In a bowl, measure out the raising flour, baking powder and yogurt. Mix well with a spoon until it comes together
- Now flour your work surface and add the dough, knead until it is well combined and form a ball. You may need more flour if the mixture if sticky
- Place the ball of dough in the bowl, cover and leave to rest until you need it again.
- Now slice your onions nice and thinly
- Add 1tbs oil to a frying pan and get to a low/medium heat
- Cook the onions in the pan for 10 minutes, sweating them down until lovely and soft and starting to brown
- Throw in the vinegar and sugar and stir and cook for a further 5 minutes, then leave to cool
- Heat the oven to 180c/350f
- Now, flour the work surface and take your roll of dough. The dough can make one large flatbread or two smaller ones, its up to you!
- Flour the dough and rolling pin and roll out into the best circle you can do (my flatbreads are never circular)
- Heat a large dry frying pan and add the flatbread. Cook for a couple of minutes then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Add your onions across the top and then add chunks of your goats cheese across the top of the flatbread
- Now put the flatbread in the oven to melt the cheese and warm everything through. This should take around 10 minutes
- Serve with a lovely salad and ENJOY!