Delicious and delicate little cakes. Perfect for an afternoon tea or for a party table.
5 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Baking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
100g Caster Sugar
90g Ground Almonds
70g Self Raising Flour
1/2 Orange (Juice)
70g Icing Sugar
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter together.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Now, add the almonds and flour a little at a time and fold through.
- Grease a cupcake tin with oil or butter.
- Scoop 1 heaped tablespoon of the batter into the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly. Then once cooled, remove from the tray and lay on a wire rack.
- Squeeze the juice out of the orange and mix with the icing sugar to create an icing paste. You want it rather thick.
- If your cakes have domed, then cut the peak off.
- Turn the cake over so the base is the top. Dollop a tablespoon of icing onto the cake and use a spike or knife to drag the icing over the edges. (see video)
- Sprinkle the rose petals on top and ENJOY!