Bacon, Ricotta and Sprouts Tortellini
Sprouts and bacon isn't just for christmas and a roast dinner! This tortellini dish combines the classic and delicious flavours in the most beautiful way!
2 cups Pasta 00 Flour
3 Large Eggs
2tbs Olive Oil
1 Tub Ricotta (300g)
8 Slices of Streaky Unsmoked Bacon
Handful of Hazelnuts
- Start by making your pasta. You can do this by hand or using a dough hook on your machine. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until it comes together. Then remove and place on a floured work surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes. Then wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge until you need it. Minimum of an hour if you can.
- Now, bake your bacon in the oven. So much crisper and easier! Set the oven to 180c/350f. Lay some greaseproof paper on a tray and add the bacon. Then top with another layer of greaseproof paper and top with another tray to weigh the bacon down. Bake for 30 minutes or until delicious and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add the ricotta to a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Now, chop your bacon up into a crumb and fold through the cheese.
- remove the dough from the fridge. Using a pasta roller, thinly roll out the pasta and lay out on a floured surface. Add a teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto the pasta (See images)
- Using a round cutter, cut around the pasta (see image)
- Now is the tricky part. Gently pick up the pasta and fold in half, pinching the edges. If they don't stick easily, wet the edge with a little water. Then fold the pasta around to bring the two edges together. Pinch again and thats it! Lay on a floured plate.
- Set a large pan of water to boil.
- Now, onto the delicious sauce. In a frying pan over a medium heat add a splash of oil and the butter. Slice the brussel sprouts nice and thinly and add to the pan to fry. Then crush or chop the hazelnuts and add. Allow to cook for a few minutes whilst the pasta cooks.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. This will only take 3 minutes to cook so be sure to set a timer.
- Remove the pasta from the water with a slotted spoon and add straight to the frying pan and coat in the delicious butter.
- Serve and ENJOY!