Beef Meatball Rendang Curry
Curry with a twist! Meatballs aren't only for pasta!
10 Minutes Preparation
30 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
500g Beef Mince
1 Stalk of Lemongrass
5 Thai Basic Leaves
Small Piece of Fresh Ginger
2 Cloves of Garlic
1tbs Fish Sauce
1 Slice of Bread (Breadcrumbs)
1/2 Jar Rendang Paste
1 Can Coconut Milk
1/2 Red Cabbage
M E T H O D
- Make the slice of bread into breadcrumbs by adding the stale loaf into a blender.
- Now grab a large bowl and add the mince. Finely chop the lemongrass, coriander, basil leaves, ginger and garlic, then add to the bowl. Add the fish sauce and breadcrumbs and mix together.
- Take a golf ball sized piece of the mixture and roll into a ball. Then add to a plate. Continue with all of the mixture. Place the meatballs into the fridge until you need them.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Now, add the meatballs and brown all over. Place them on a baking tray and put them into the oven to cook through.
- Using the same frying pan, add over a low/medium heat.
- Chop the courgette and red cabbage and slice the onion.
- Add another splash of oil to the pan and brown off the onions. Let them really caramelise as this will add tonnes of flavour!
- Once browned, add the courgette and cabbage and stir fry for a few minutes. Now, add the curry paste and cook for a couple of minutes. Once cooked, add the coconut milk and bubble away.
- Once hot, add the meatballs and serve with rice!