Hot and tingly Thai soup with thin slices of raw beef which then lightly cook in the hot broth.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Garlic Clove
2 Inch Ginger
1/2tsp Chilli Flakes
1 Lemongrass Stalk
1tbs Palm Sugar (or Brown)
1/2 Lime (Juice)
1/2tbs Fish Sauce
1 Yellow Pepper
250g Beef (Thinly Sliced)
150ml Coconut Milk
M E T H O D
- Start by setting a heavy bottomed pan to a medium heat. I like to use my cast iron pot.
- Thinly slice the onion and cut the pepper into bitesized chunks.
- Grab the lemongrass and bash until broken. Then thinly slice the ginger and garlic.
- Into the pan, add a little oil and add the onions. Once they are lightly brown, add the garlic, lemongrass and ginger.
- Pour in the broth and coconut milk and bring to a low simmer. Then add the chilli flakes, sugar, lime and fish sauce.
- Now, add the pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the beansprouts.
- Thinly slice the beef.
- Serve the soup and top with the thin slices of raw beef. They will slowly cook in the hot broth. Top with fresh lime and coriander.