Brown butter has taken off recently and more and more people are embracing its nutty element in bakes. These brownie batter cupcakes include those delicious flavours of brown butter and deliciously warming ginger.
100g Caster Sugar
100g Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
40g Cocoa Powder
60g Plain Flour
150g Ginger Chocolate (or plain chocolate and 1/2tsp ginger spice)
- Preheat the oven to 170c.
- Weigh out the butter and add to a saucepan. Set over a low/medium heat and allow to brown, stirring regularly. Make sure you don't let the butter burn, but when you seen little brown flecks in the butter, don't panic, they are a good thing! Once it has browned, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Grab a mixing bowl and weighing scales and measure out the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Which together. Pour in the cooled butter and whisk again. Now, measure and sift in the flour and cocoa. Whisk the mixture together until it becomes a super sticky brownie batter.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and fold through the batter.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter, or use muffin cases. Pour in 3 tbs of the batter into the cases and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes.