The sun is shining and its giving me all the summer salad feels and dreaming of an Italian cobbled street devouring delicious Italian foods, washing it down with cold wine. When i think of Italy in the sunshine, I think of tomato and mozzarella salads. The easiest salad you will EVER make and absolutely divine. Have it on its own, or topped on top of olive oil toasted bread, delicious either way.
Serves 5/6 as a side or starter
< 5 Minutes Preparation
<5 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
4 Roma Tomatoes
1 Ball Mozzarella
10 Basil Leaves
15 Slices of Baguette
M E T H O D
- Slice your bread and drizzle on some olive oil, rub into the bread to coat.
- Place a pan or skillet over a medium heat and place the bread, oil side down.
- Whilst the bread crisps, take your mozzarella and tomatoes and dice.
- Slice the basil leaves and add to a bowl with the mozzarella, tomatoes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Flip the bread and lightly toast the reverse side.
- Add the bread to a plate and top generously with the bruschetta mix.
- Serve with a further sprinkle of seasoning and a drizzle of balsamic if you're feeling fancy.
Alternatively, serve the salad on its own or as a side.