A perfect fish dinner or mid week easy meal. You could even cut the time by pre boiling the potatoes.
2 Sea Bass Fillets (skin on)
6 Jersey Royals (cut into quarters)
10 Asparagus Spears
Bunch of Parsley
- Cut the potatoes and place in a pan of cold water. Season and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until soft, then drain.
- In a separate saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low-medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and whisk. Let sit for a minute or so to cook out the flour.
- Now, pour in half the milk and bring the heat up. The sauce will thicken. Continue to add the milk to the consistency you like. We like ours nice and thick. The more milk the looser the sauce. Leave over a low heat to keep warm.
- Add the potatoes into and ovenproof dish and bake at 180c/350f.
- In a frying pan, add a splash of oil and set over a medium/high heat. Once up to temperature, add the asparagus spears and courgette. Cook for a 5 minutes tossing every minute of so. Once cooked, add to a dish and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Next, onto the fish. Season the skin side of the fish. Set the frying pan that you used for the vegetables over a medium heat and add a splash of olive oil to the pan. Once hot, add the fish skin side down. Cook for a couple of minutes until the skin is nice and crisp. Then, flip the fish and add a knob of butter to the pan (optional). Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Now, the finishing touches. Chop your parsley and stir though the sauce. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and ENJOY!