Cauliflower and Broccoli 'no tater' Tots
It's a lovely sunny 24 degrees day here in London and we are going away tomorrow for a week. This meant trying to use what is in the fridge.
Now, when its 24 degrees outside, I really don't want to be making a 'comfort food' meal or something that involves steamed broccoli and cauliflower. However, tater tots are perfect.
These healthy alternative tater tots are great for a snack or a side to a meal and kids love them too!
Dunked into ketchup and you'd never know that they are made with vegetables.
They also freeze which is GREAT!
10 Minutes Preparation Time
21 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Large Egg
50g Panko Breadcrumbs
30g Cheddar Cheese
250g Broccoli and Cauliflower (You could just use one if you like)
1tsp Chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f
- Add baking paper to a tray and set to one side
- In a bowl, combine the egg, breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley
- Put a pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil
- Once boiling, add the vegetables and blanch for one minute
- Remove and run under cold water
- Then grate into the egg mixture and combine well
- Mould into tater tot shapes and place on the baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through
- Serve with a lovely dip and enjoy!