Is there anything better than a delicious soup when the weather is starting to get colder. The evenings are darker and the blankets are out.
Soup is such a comfort food and this one is no exception. So simple and delicious!
Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
Cooking Time - 25 Minutes
2 Cloves Garlic
4 Medium Sized Courgettes (Or one MONSTER one like I had)
1 Cup Peas
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
50g Cheddar Cheese
Double Cream to serve
- Firstly, start by adding a sauce pan over a low/medium heat.
- Then add the butter and oil and melt.
- Finely dice the garlic and fry in the pan for a minute or so.
- Chop the courgettes into chunks.
- Next, add the courgette to the pan and crumble the stock cube in with a sprinkle of salt.
- Now add the peas and add enough water to come to the top of the vegetables. Bring to the boil and then lower to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once ready, blend the soup and add the cheese by grating it into the soup.
- Finally, add double cream and some extra chunks of cheese and peas if you're feeling fancy and enjoy with some delicious sourdough.