I adore granola. I love the versatility of it and the fact you can add almost anything you like to change up the flavour! This is one of my favourites, and it's so easy and satisfying too!
5 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Cups Oats
1/2 Cup Dried Cherries
1/2 Cup Hazelnuts
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/5 Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a bowl, measure out two cups of oats
- Now, in a separate bowl, add the maple syrup, olive oil and salt
- This is now when you can add your flavours. This granola calls for dried cherries and hazelnuts. YUM
- Chop the cherries, as small or large as you would like. Then crush or roughly chop the hazelnuts. Add these to the oats.
- Pour the maple liquid over the oats and stir until they are all coated and sticky.
- Place in a single layer on the baking tray and press down (this helps with larger granola pieces.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Once cool, break up into chunks and add to an airtight container. It will last a couple of weeks in the jar but in my house it never makes it a week!
- Enjoy with milk or yogurt, or as a little snack!