Cherry and Hazelnut Oaties
The delicious flavours of my favourite granola in a cookie. I know most people see oat cookies as not real cookies, but they are my favourite! And these ones are top of the list by far. Combining sweet cherries and crunchy hazelnuts with a warmth of ginger in the background.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
10-12 Minutes Cooking Time
½ tsp Ginger
½ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
50g Brown Sugar
25g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Medium Egg
50g Dried Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Chop the cherries and nuts into smaller pieces.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Over a low heat in a saucepan or in the microwave melt the butter and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla, egg and melted butter and whisk.
- Create a centre well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop of just your hands, roll a golf ball sized piece of dough and then place on a baking sheet. Make sure you leave a little space in-between the cookies as they will spread. With the palm of your hand, slightly flatten the cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. The edges will begin to brown which is exactly what you want. Leave on the baking tray for a few minutes whilst they cool and harden. Once they are cool enough to touch, transfer onto a cooling rack.