Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
A delicious and craving filling cupcake to satisfy those chocolate cake needs.
A chocolate cupcake, with a sour cherry centre, topped with creamy vanilla buttercream.
Makes 12 Cupcakes
10 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Baking Time
160g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
40g Cocoa Powder
Splash of Boiling Water
120g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
12 tsp Cherry Conserve
2tbs Chopped dried cherries
250g Icing Sugar
A few drops of red colouring
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar until smooth. You can use an electric whisk too.
- Now, add the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the boiling water and cocoa powder together and stir.
- Add the chocolate mix to the butter and egg mix.
- Now add the flour and baking powder and stir/whisk until well combined.
- Spoon into cupcake moulds or straight into a greased cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove to cool.
- Once cool, cut out the centre and spoon in a teaspoon of cherry conserve. Place the cake you cut out back onto the cherry filling.
- Whisk together the butter and icing sugar and add the vanilla. Mix or beat until lovely and smooth. You can add colouring at this point but it doesn't add to the flavour.
- Pipe the icing onto the cakes starting from the outside, spiralling into the centre.
- Sprinkle chopped cherries onto the cakes.