Chicken and Cashew in Oyster Sauce
I LOVE a good Chinese and oyster sauce based meals always have my vote and it’s something we almost always order. This homemade version is so EASY and super SATISFYING. Perfect for if you’re craving Chinese but want something a little healthier or cheaper.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
10 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Yellow Pepper
2tbs Oyster Sauce
1tbs Soy Sauce
1tsp Rice Vinegar
2tbs Water mixed with 1 tsp Cornflour
1 Pack microwave rice (Perfect timesaver)
50g Frozen Peas
- Heat the wok over a high heat. Add the cashews to the dry pan and toss until toasted, then remove. Now, add a splash of oil followed by the chicken breast. Brown all over and remove.
- Chop the vegetables into bitesize chunks.
- Heat a separate pan over a medium heat. Whisk the egg and add to the pan with a little oil. Stir the egg and break it up like you were making scrambled egg. Once cooked, remove and leave to one side.
- Now add the vegetables to the wok and lower to a medium heat. Add a splash of water to help steam the vegetables and cover with a lid. After 5 minutes, add the chicken back to the pan with the cashew nuts.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the wok and stir.
- Whilst that warms and thickens, add the pack of rice to the pan that you cooked the egg in over a medium heat. Add the frozen peas too and a splash of water. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes. Once it is steaming, add the egg back in to warm through.
- Serve and ENJOY!