Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
Pineapple is WAAAAY DOWN on my list of pizza toppings. I have never ordered it, and probably never will. However, pineapple on a taco, I'm IN!
Mexican spiced shredded chicken and small juicy pops of pineapple, with the classic avocado slices and drizzled sour cream for richness. I'll take three please!
Who else fancies trying this one?
Ready in 30 minutes.
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 Chicken Breasts
1tbs Taco or Fajita Style Seasoning
2 Spring Onions
1/2 Lime (Juice)
2tbs Sour Cream
Small bunch coriander
Greens for crunch (I used spinach)
4 Small tortilla wraps
M E T H O D
- Start by placing your chicken breasts into a sauce pan and cover with water. Then heat over a medium heat. Once bubbling, reduce the heat to a low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken poaches, grab your wraps. I like to griddle them to give them a charred flavour.
- Remove the chicken and using two forks, start to shred. Then toss through the seasoning, coating all of the chicken. I like to add a sprinkle of water or oil, to help coat the chicken and keep it moist.
- Grab your pineapple and peel. Remove the core, and dice into small cubes, then place in a bowl. Grab a few stalks or coriander and finely chop, then mix through the pineapple. Squeeze the lime juice in and leave to one side.
- Next, you can then start to stack up the taco. Add some crunch, I like to use spinach. Then add some of the chicken. Sprinkle on the pineapple salsa and slice the avocado
- Slice the spring onions and sprinkle on top, then drizzle on the sour cream.
- Pick up, get messy and ENJOY!