1 Small Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Orange Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1tsp Chilli Powder
1 Tin Chickpeas
1 Tin Canneloni Beans (you could use Kidney beans)
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Vegetable Stock Cube or 400ml Stock
Handful Spinach (optional)
Corn on the Cob
- Start by dicing your onion and frying off in a large cast-iron pan with a drizzle of oil. Fry over a low/medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Chop the peppers into bitesized chunks and add to the pan. Sautee for another couple of minutes. Then crush in the garlic and add the powders. Stir and cook for a minute to release the flavours.
- Now, drain the chickpeas and the canneloni beans.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and stir, then add water to the tomato can to fill and pour that into the pot too.
- Add the beans and chickpeas and stir. Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour and a half to two hours. It will start to thicken and the flavours will develop.
- When you are almost ready to serve, add the spinach and frozen peas into the pot to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the peppers into bite-sized chunks and add to the pan. Sautee for another couple of minutes. Then crush in the garlic and add the powders. Stir and cook for a minute to release the flavours.