Choccie Orange Cookies
Some people will associate the flavour combination of chocolate orange with Christmas. However in my mind, it's a combination that cannot be restricted to the holiday season.
These cookies are deliciously chocolatey and have a lovely warmth of orange running through.
Makes 10 Cookies
10 Minutes Preparation Time
12 Minutes Cooking Time
100g Butter (softened)
150g Light Brown Sugar
1tbs Orange Essence (I like it orangey!)
150g Self Raising Flour
40g Cocoa Powder (the good stuff)
1/2tsp Baking Powder
150g Chopped Chocolate (I used a combination of dark chocolate with orange and dark chocolate 70%)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined and light
- Now add the orange essence and egg
- Weigh out the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl
- Sieve the dry ingredients a little at a time into the wet and mix until well combined
- Add your chopped chocolate pieces
- Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet on a baking tray. I used a large dollop tablespoon for each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Let cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!