I have to say that one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE desserts is a black forest gateaux. It is something that my Mum always has at Christmas and I would happily have two (or three) servings of.
This little pot is my take on using those flavours for a nice little dessert. Chocolate and cherry just marry so well together, why would we restrict them to the holidays.
Makes 2 Pots (You can double/triple the recipe and make a large tart or more mini ones, I only did a small number as I would eat them all if I made more)
· 100ml Double Cream
· 1tsp Caster Sugar
· 15g Butter
· 66g Chocolate
· 15ml Whole Milk
· Cherry Jam/Compote
· 8 Oreos
· 25g Butter
1. Blitz the Oreos in a blender
2. Melt the 25g Butter over a low heat
3. Pour the butter into the Oreos and blend and make sure well combined
4. Add the Oreo mix to the bottom of the jar and press down. Then place in the fridge to set
5. Once set add the cherry jam onto the crumb base.
6. In a pan, heat the cream and sugar together until it comes to the boil, then remove from the heat.
7. Add the butter and break the chocolate into it also.
8. Stir until the chocolate and butter has melted.
9. Pour the milk into the mixture and stir until nice and glossy.
10. Add to your base and allow to set at room temperature. This will take a couple of hours.