Being british, I hadnt herd of a fluffernutter until recently. I was aware of the PB&J sandwiches that Americans love, but a fluffernutter sandwich, what? So basically it's peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. YES! What a combination! AND even better when baked with. So here are my chocolate fluffernutter cookies. Chewy, sweet, salty and crunchy. Cookie Perfection.
Makes 12 Cookies
Easy All In One Bowl Recipe
I N G R E D I E N T S
100g Dark Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
1/2tsp Sea Salt Flakes
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Baking Powder
120g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
100g Chocolate Chips
6tsp Marshmallow Fluff
6tsp Peanut Butter
M E T H O D
1) In a bowl, beat together the butter (its easier if its room temperature) and sugar.
2) Next, Add the vanilla, salt and the egg and mix.
3) Measure out the dry ingredients and add to the bowl. Mix until well combined and a lovely cookie dough consistency.
4) Now, add the chocolate chips and fold through. Place the cookie dough into the fridge for half an hour to chill.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, take some dough and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Do this until you have used all of the dough. Depending on the size of your scoops depends on how many cookies you will have. Mine managed to make 12.
6) Now, grab the fluff and peanut butter and a couple of teaspoons. Onto the cookie balls, carefully place 1/2tsp each of the fluff and peanut butter. I do it so one side is marshmallow and the other is pb.
7) Place the tray into the freezer for the cookie balls to set. Leave them for at least an hour. (You don't have to do this step but I highly recommend! It makes a much better baked cookie.
8) Preheat the oven to 180c and add a baking tray to the oven to heat (this helps with a crisp bottom).
9) Once the oven has preheated, add 4 cookies to the baking tray, allowing space for them to spread.
10) Bake for 12 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to cook on the tray for 5 minutes. Lastly, place on a wire rack or devour whilst still hot!