100g Unsalted Butter
50g Caster Sugar
1tbs Maple Syrup
40g Desiccated Coconut
1 Crushed Weetabix
1tbs Cocoa Powder
70g Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
150g Icing Sugar
1/2tsp Peppermint Extract
Green Food Colouring (optional)
50g Milk Chocolate
50g Dark Chocolate
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and add into a bowl with all of the crunchy base ingredients.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add the base into the tin and push down, filling the base. Then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Whilst that cooks, make the mint layer by whisking the ingredients together. Leave to one side.
- Remove the base for the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add the minty layer to cover the base.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the minty layer. Allow to cool then slice.