Chocolate Oat Doughnuts
Vegan, Gluten Free, and absolutely moreish.
I N G R E D I E N T S
140g Oat Flour (GF Oats)
100g Caster Sugar
24g Cocoa Powder
1tbs Baking Powder (GF)
2tbs Chai Seeds
80g Butter (V)
100ml Oat Milk
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- In a large bowl, sift the oat flour, baking powder and cocoa. Then add the sugar.
- In a small cup, add the chai seeds and water and allow to sit until gloopy (5 minutes)
- In a small saucepan, add the butter and milk. Simmer until the butter has melted.
- Pour the egg into the dry ingredients, then add the milk and butter. Whisk until well combined, making a delicious chocolate mix.
- Grease a doughnut pan with a little butter, and scoop in a tablespoon at a time. You want to go 3/4 of the way up the pan with the mix. Use a knife to spread the mix evenly around the doughnut shape.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie.
- Carefully remove the doughnuts from the pan and dip into the chocolate to cover the tops. Sprinkle with a little more chocolate.