Healthier, faster and still absolutely crummy! Brown bananas lying around and want to make something other than a traditional banana loaf? I promise these little gems will not disappoint.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
18-20 Minutes Baking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 Ripe Medium Bananas
30g Caster Sugar
2tbs Maple Syrup
70g Self Raising Flour
30g Cocoa Powder
30g Chocolate Chips
75g Dark Chocolate
8tbs Natural Peanut Butter
4tbs Maple Syrup
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl. Try to squish any bigger lumps.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Next, mix in the sugar and maple syrup.
- Now, sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix together until well combined.
- Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Grab a doughnut pan (or a cupcake tray if you don't have a doughnut pan) and grease with oil spray (or butter).
- Add approximately two tablespoons of mixture to the trays, or until the mixture comes half way up the trays sides.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter and honey. This will make a thick topping for the doughnuts. Then melt the chocolate either using a pan over a low heat or carefully in the microwave.
- Once the doughnuts are finished, allow them to cool. Then spread the peanut butter onto the tops and drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.