Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (healthier)
Do I buy bananas just to make banana bread recipes? Most definitely. Sometimes, you can find farm shops or supermarkets that are giving away or selling bananas at a reduced price because they are 'too ripe or bruised'. These are perfect for banana baking.
There is just something magical about banana bread, peanut butter and chocolate together. 9/10 times, when I'm baking with bananas, it will be this combo.
The icing is as simple and 100% smooth pb and a little maple syrup. The chocolate chips are a wonderful quality from Callebaut. The banana bread is reduced sugar and still absolutely delicious. Soft, fluffy, moist and everything else you want from a banana bake.
Makes 6 Large Muffins or 12 Smaller
Super easy #onebowl
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 ripe bananas
1 large egg
1/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/2 cup yogurt (I used Soya)
1/4cup maple syrup
2tbs vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1tsp baking soda
1cup dark chocolate chips
2tbs smooth peanut butter
1tbs maple syrup
M E T H O D
- preheat the oven to 220c. This may seem hot, but trust me on this one.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Then whisk in the egg, sugar, syrup, yogurt and oil.
- Gently whisk in the flour and baking soda until all combined.
- Fold through the chocolate chips and scoop into large muffin cases.
- Bake in the hot oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 170c for 25 minutes. (If you're baking the smaller muffins, you can reduce the heat for a further 15 minutes). To double check that the muffins are baked, insert a skewer and do the 'does it come out clean' trick.