Chorizo and Feta Rigatoni
A smoky and slightly spicy tomato sauce topped with crumbly salty feta. I'm not the biggest 'tomato based' pasta sauce fan, but THIS has me diving in for seconds and thirds!
10 Minutes Preparation
20 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
100g Chorizo Sausage
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tin Tomatoes
1/2tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2tsp Onion Powder
1tbs Red Chilli Flakes
2tbs Balsamic Vinegar
Salt to Taste
Handful of Spinach
300g Dry Rigatoni
M E T H O D
- Place a pan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil for the pasta.
- Whilst the water boils, add a small saucepan to a low heat.
- Dice the chorizo sausage into bitesized pieces.
- Add to the small saucepan and allow to cook and the natural oils to release.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves and add to the pan. Allow to sit for a minute and infuse into the oils.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes. Add the balsamic vinegar, paprika, chilli flakes and onion powder and bring to a high simmer to allow the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Once the pasta water is boiling add the pasta and a sprinkle of salt.
- After 10 minutes once the pasta is cooked, drain most of the water off and add back into the pan. Pour in the sauce and coat the pasta. Roughly chop the spinach and add to the pan, stir and cover allowing the spinach to steam.
- Serve in a bowl and top with crumbles of feta cheese.