Chunky Vegetable Broth
After a long weekend away with Harriet and Simon, it's safe to say that I have overindulged and binged on all the foods that I wouldn't even think of eating mid week. Did I really need those three doughnuts? There is absolutely nothin wrong with days like these. We sometimes need them and life is all about the balance and enjoying yourself.
Today though, the weekend has left me wanting my routine back and something deliciously healthy and wholesome for lunch.
Osius kindly sent me their organic bone broths to sample a few weeks back (they arrive frozen which is FABULOUS as it means they keep really well). So, using their vegetable broth I made a deliciously filling vegetable soup. I am all about the chunky soups at the moment. This broth brings so many delicious flavours and wonderful goodness to the soup. Not only is it made with yummy vegetables but they add, fresh ginger, turmeric, apple cider vinegar and kombucha seaweed. SO MUCH GOODNESS RIGHT HERE!
10 Minutes Preparation
30 Minutes Cooking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Pack of Osius Vegetable Broth (or 500ml of goof quality Vegetable Stock)
1 Sweet Potato
5 Mini Sweetcorn
10 Green Beans
2 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
Small Chunk of Fresh Ginger (Finely Sliced)
1tbs Soy Sauce
1tsp Chilli Flakes
M E T H O D
- In a large cast iron pan, add a splash of olive oil and set over a medium heat.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato, carrot and turnip into large edible chunks.
- Add to the pan and sauté for a couple of minutes. Stir and continue to sauté.
- Slice the garlic and ginger and add to the pan and stir. Cook for 60 seconds.
- Next, add the stock. (You will need to defrost beforehand or if you forget, like me, then simply lay it under warm water until melted)
- Once the stock has been added, cook for 10 minutes.
- Slice and cut the courgette into chunks, then cut the green beans and sweetcorn up into small bites.
- Once the vegetables are softening add the remaining vegetables to cook. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add the soy sauce and top with chilli flakes.
- ENJOY and stay warm!