Coffee cake, a true love of mine. Crumble topping, another true love.
Ready in under an hour.
I N G R E D I E N T S
200g Golden Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 Shot of Espresso or Instant Coffee with Hot Water
200g Self Raising Flour
10g Demerara Sugar
10g Granulated Sugar
15g Hazelnuts (Chopped)
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Start by creaming together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Then add the eggs one at a time, stirring into the creamed mixture. Pour in the coffee and combine. Then sieve the flour to remove any lumps. Fold the cake batter until lovely and smooth.
- Grab the loaf tin and cut a piece of baking paper to line the base or grease using butter.
- Pour the batter into the tin and spread until smooth and even.
- Now, onto the crumble top. In a clean bowl, dice the butter into small cubes and add the flour and sugar. Using your fingers, rub the mixture until it resembles a crumble top. Add the oats and hazelnuts and sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.