There is something about the cold outdoors that makes me crave a warming bowl of soup.
WARMING and COMFORTING bowl of soup. Cheap to make and lovely and creamy without any cream.
This is a cheap meal and can all be cooked in one pot so the washing up in minimal, always a bonus. Soup is a perfect winter lunch or light dinner. Adding Thai flavours to this carrot soup adds another level of warming comfort. 4 Servings
10 Minutes Preparation
20 Minutes Cooking
1kg Carrots (chopped)
1 Red Onion (diced)
2 Tsp Red Curry Paste
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
1 Rec Chilli (chopped)
1 Can Coconut Milk
8 Thai Basil Leaves (torn)
1 Tbs Garlic (chopped or crushed)
2 Tbs Ginger (chopped) Toppings
Thai Basil Leaf
- Heat a pot on over a medium/low heat. - Peel and Chop all of the carrots.
- Dice the onion.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pot and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock cube with coconut milk, chilli and basil leaves.
- Cook for 10 minutes with a lid on, until carrots are soft.
- Once ready, blend into a lovely creamy soup.
- Serve with fresh chilli and thai basil leaf. You could also add coconut yogurt for an extra freshness.