Chicken with a creamy sauce is always a winner in our house, and this mushroom and mustard sauce is no exception.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
2 Chicken Breasts
6 Sage Leaves (Chopped)
Garlic Clove (Crushed)
1tbs Olive Oil
90g Chestnut Mushrooms (Chopped)
1tsp English Mustard
1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
1/2 Chicken Stock Cube
100ml Single Cream
- Season the chicken with S&P. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, oil and sage leaves. Then pour onto the chicken and coat the whole breast.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium/high heat.
- Add a little more oil and lay the chicken into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn and repeat.
- Remove the chicken and place to one side.
- Now, in the same pan add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the mustards and the water and stir to deglaze the pan of all the delicious chicken flavours.
- Add the stock and stir. Then add the chicken back into the pan to cook through whilst the sauce simmers.
- A minute before serving, remove the chicken and add the cream. Sprinkle the fresh parsley serve.
- Serve with buttery new potatoes and veg for a delicious meal.