These croutons are a FAB way to use up that loaf of bread that you bought a couple of days ago.
They are so versatile too. Here, I have added S&P and garlic for a classic combination to go with my salad, but you could add any flavouring you like. A fajita mix to go with a chicken salad or some chilli to add to your tomato soup. YUM!
Loaf of bread (a few days old is better)
S&P (Salt and Pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- Using a bread knife, cut your bread up into small chunks. Roughly 5cm cubes.
- Now, add the bread to a roasting tray and drizzle over olive oil, then season with your garlic and S&P
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then take out and shake. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- If they start to brown too much, lower the heat until they are nice and crunchy.
- Serve with your salad and ENJOY!
These can be kept in an airtight container for a few days and also enjoyed in a delicious soup or just as a snack!