Easy Chorizo Shakshuka
The clocks have changed and I woke up feeling super hungry. This delicious and healthy breakfast filled the spot beautifully. It's perfectly filling too which is great. A wonderful brunch idea and all in one pan. High five to minimal washing up!
<5 Minutes Preparation
15 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 Cloves Garlic
Handful Spinach (Chopped)
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
Chilli Flakes Salt and Pepper
M E T H O D
- Start by heating a pan over a medium heat. I use a frying pan.
- Dice your onion and add to the pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Finely slice the garlic cloves and add to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes being careful not to burn them.
- Chop your chorizo up into small chunks and add to the pan, it will then release its own oils for added flavour.
- Add in the paprika and stir.
- Find a bowl and a sieve and drain the tinned tomatoes. Add the tomato pieces to the pan and cook and caramelise the tomatoes. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the flavours start to develop, add the spinach and tomato juice.
- Make two holes in the sauce and crack in the eggs.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. The egg whites should be cooked and the yolk lovely and runny.
- Serve with toast, sliced avocado and chilli flakes for a simple and delicious breakfast.