Easy Pea(sy) Penne Carbonara
Delicious, simple and creamy pasta served with homemade focaccia and bacon fat griddle courgette.
5 Minute Preparation Time
15 Minute Cooking Time
200g Penne Pasta
4 Bacon Rashers
50g Frozen Pea
3 Egg Yolks
2tbs Double Cream (Optional)
- Put a pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil, season with salt
- In a bowl, add the egg yolk, parmesan and cream and mix
- Cut the courgette into chunks
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Whilst the pasta cooks, fry the bacon in a frying pan or on a griddle
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove and then add the courgette to the pan to cook. The griddle gives lovely char lines.
- A minute before the end of pasta cooking, add the peas to cook.
- Drain the pasta and add back to the pan. Pour the cheese mixture into the pan and add the bacon too. Stir to coat all of the pasta.
- Serve up.
- Season with pepper and extra parmesan and ENJOY with the bacon fat courgette and focaccia on the side.