A puuuurfect family meal to make every tummy happy. My toddler LOVES this dish and demolishes it every time we have it.
This can be made ahead of time and baked in the oven when you are ready! Which makes it a great meal for when guests come over as you don't have to slave away in the kitchen.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
1 Hour Cooking Time
4 Medium Potatoes
Splash of Milk
20g Panko Breadcrumbs
2tbs Plain Flour
300ml Milk (you may need more or less depending on how thick you like it)
100g Peas (I use frozen)
FISH (Cut into chunks)
200g Smoked Haddock
(Supermarkets or fish mongers will sell fish bags with lovely fish in ready and diced)
- Start by peeling your potatoes and placing in a pan of cold water. Then bring to the boil on the hob and lower to a simmer.
- Whilst your potatoes cook, you can make your sauce. In a pan, melt the butter over a medium heat, once melted, add your flour and whisk. Cook for a couple of minutes to 'cook out' the flour taste. Now, start to add your milk little by little over a low heat. The sauce will thicken. Keep adding the milk until it is a lovely silky, saucy consistency. Add your S&P and parsley and stir.
- Pour in the peas to the sauce and then add the fish
- Mix and place in your oven proof dish. (30cm x 20cm ish)
- Once your potatoes are cooked, drain well and then in the pan, melt the butter and milk. Add the potatoes back to the pan and mash. Then add your chopped parsley and stir.
- Top the fish mixture with the mashed potato. Then using a fork, scrape over the top of the mash for a rugged top.
- Now, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and grate the parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Serve and ENJOY!