Fluffy and Light Chocolate Buttercream
This chocolate buttercream is so light and fluffy, I think it could pass as a mousse! I also ate the remains of the bowl like a mousse and it was bloomin' delicious.
Serves 12-14 Cupcakes
<5 Minutes Preparation
5 Minutes Cooking
I N G R E D I E N T S
50g Dark Chocolate (I used 70% Lidnt)
50g Softened Butter
100g Icing Sugar
2tbs Hazelnut Milk
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
M E T H O D
- Firstly, measure out the butter into a mixing bowl and if you have an electric whisk, beat until light and fluffy.
- Next, break up the chocolate into small pieces and gently melt either in a saucepan or microwave. Once melted, leave to cool.
- Add the vanilla and milk and whisk again.
- Introduce the icing sugar a tablespoon at a time and whisk in (this can get messy)
- Once the chocolate is cool enough, pour it into the buttercream and whisk. This time on a high speed to incorporate as much air as possible into the mixture.
- Serve on a delicious cake, or eat straight from the bowl. I'm not judging!