No matter what you call these little soft carb pillows, they are delicious.
Makes 6 Large
15 Minutes Preparation Time
1 1/2 Hours Proving Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
50g Sourdough Starter/Discard (Optional)
3/4 Cup Warm Water
1 1/2tsp Dry Yeast
1tbs Olive Oil
2 Cups Bread Flour
M E T H O D
- In a small bowl, add the water, yeast and sugar. Stir together and leave to one side.
- In a seperate large bowl, add the sourdough, flour, salt and oil.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and stir with a mixer or using your hands/wooden spoon. Mix until the dough comes together into one ball.
- Flour a work surface and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes. Add to an oiled bowl and leave to rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Push the dough down to knock out the air and add to the work surface again. Cut into 90g balls and shape. Add to a baking tray with nonstick paper. Cover and leave to prove again for 30-40 minuets.
- Set the oven to 180c. Add the rolls and bake for 17-18 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and brush a little butter over the top to give them a lovely shine.