Fresh 'n' Veggie Brunch
The sun is shining, the weather is chilly and the air is fresh. Prefect day for a lovely light brunch.
LIGHT, FRESH and CLEAN brunch.
Brunch is a wonderful meal designed for a time that is too late for breakfast and too early for lunch. You've woken up late or haven't had time to eat. You're hungry. Its too early for lunch. BRUNCH TIME!
This brunch meal is so fresh, I know I keep saying it but just look how clean it looks. No oil soaked plate or clogged arteries after the processed foods of a normal fry up. The only oil used is to fry the mushrooms, and even that is just a sprinkling so they don't stick. After eating it I felt refreshed and ready and not bogged down after a heavy fry up. Don't get me wrong. I love a fry up, but this is a great alternative.
15 Minutes Preparation
10 Minutes Cooking
Halloumi (2 Slices)
1/2 Avocado (Sliced)
Handful of Spinach
3 Large Chestnut Mushrooms
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat
- Place the egg into a pan with water covering the egg. Put the heat on and bring to the boil
- Chop the tomato, mushrooms and avocado
- Place the mushrooms on the griddle
- Once the egg pan is boiling, set to a simmer for 3 minutes
- Place cold water in a bowl ready for the eggs (so they stop cooking once removed)
- Start to griddle the halloumi next to the mushrooms. Flip after a minute and get a nice golden colour on both sides.
- Remove the egg once the timer is up and put into the ice water or run under a cold tap
- Wilt the spinach (I do this on the hob in a pan with a tiny bit of water
- Add elements to the plate and ENJOY YOUR BRUNCH!
#vegetarianrecipes #vegetarian #halloumi #avo #avocado #brunch #cleaneating #lunch #lunchideas #lunchinspo #healthyrecipes #healthy #food #homemade #foodporn #foodie #onmytable #easy #easylunch #foodblog #blog