When it comes to a drizzly cold afternoon, nothing beats sitting down with a cup of warm tea and a nice slice of fruit cake.
15 Minutes Preparation Time
1hr10 Cooking Time
125g Butter (Room Temperature)
125g Light Brown Sugar
4 Medium Eggs
250g Self-Raising Flour
1/2tbs Mixed Spice
400g Mixed Dried Fruit
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Cut a circle of greaseproof paper for your springform tin. (TIP: Use the base to draw a perfect sized circle and then cut it out)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
- Next, add the eggs one at a time whilst continuing to beat and pour the milk and marmalade in next
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and add the mixed spice and baking powder.
- Add to the wet mix one table soon at a time whilst the mixer is on slow.
- Finally fold through the mixed fruit.
- Add to the lined springform tin and place in the centre of the oven.
- Cook for 1hour 10 minutes. Check that the cake is cooked by placing a skewer into the centre (it should come out clean). If not, cook for a further 10 minutes and check again.
- When still warm, brush marmalade over the top of the cake to create a sticky top. Then once cool, sprinkle with icing sugar.
- ENJOY with a cup of tea!