I LOVE ginger cookies and biscuits. I ate far too many of them when pregnant, just because I had the excuse that it helps with nausea. I'm sure they mean pure ginger or ginger tea rather than cookies but who cares!
These are chewy, crispy and so gingery delicious! The addition of the sour lemon drizzle adds another level.
So easy to make and so satisfying to watch as they bake and spread out.
Makes 8 Large Cookies
5 Minutes Preparation Time
12 Minutes Cooking Time
100g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Ground Ginger
100g Caster Sugar
60g Butter (Melted)
40g Golden Syrup
1 Medium Egg
2 Stem Ginger pieces (Cut into small chunks)
A drizzle of the Stem Ginger Syrup
1/2 Lemon (Juice)
5tbs Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170c/340f.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment
- In a bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix
- Then add your butter, syrup, egg and ginger, stir to combine
- Melt the butter and pour into the mix and stir with a wooden spoon
- Using a big spoon or ice cream scoop, grab some of the mixture and place on the tray. Leave plenty of room in-between as these cookies spread
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes on the tray and then transfer onto a wire rack.
- Now make your lemon drizzle by combining the two ingredients and mixing.
- When the cookies are cool, drizzle or dip the cookies