Goats Cheese and Roasted Squash Ravioli
This delicious dish combines GOATS CHEESE, sweet roasted BUTTERNUT SQUASH, a delicious MUSHROOM and SAGE BUTTER sauce and a sprinkling of HONEY ROASTED CASHEWS.
This is the first time I have made my own pasta. I was always sceptical and thought that it was too easy to buy it from the store. That the taste wouldn't be much different. How wrong was I? I mean, don't get me wrong. When its midweek and I have no time or energy I will definitely be using dried pasta for our spaghetti bolognese but when I have time and want to impress guests, I will be whipping up my own pasta. Making my own also means that I can fill ravioli with whatever my heard desires. No limits!
30 Minutes Preparation Time
1 Hour Cooking Time
200g Pasta 00 Flour
1/4 Butternut Squash
150g Goats Cheese
1/4 Butternut Squash
1tbs Olive Oil
50g Chestnut Mushrooms
Parmesan to Serve
- Clean and dry a work surface
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f
- Chop all of the squash into chunks and place on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for 45 minutes then take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Use half of the squash to make a purée. Do this by adding the squash ingredients into a blender.
- On the work surface add the flour. Make a well in the middle and add the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs in the middle and then combine the flour little by little with the egg
- Once combined, knead to develop the gluten. The dough should change and the flour should disappear
- The dough will need kneading for a few minutes
- Now wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Once the dough has chilled, cut it in half and use your pasta machine or a rolling pin to thin the pasta to your required thickness. I'd suggest going as thin as you can as the pasta will expand when cooking. Repeat the rolling method with the other piece of pasta.
- Now lay the pasta sheets out on a floured surface
- Chop the roasted squash into small pieces. Then in a bowl, mix the roasted squash and the goats cheese into a paste.
- Using a piping bag or spoon place a small amount of the mix onto one sheet of the pasta. Leave around 7cm and repeat along the pasta. (see picture)
- Use the other sheet to cover and then using your hands make sure there is no air around the mixture and flatten the pasta around the edges (see picture)
- Not using a cutter or knife, cut your ravioli shapes out
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to the boil
- Add the ravioli into the pan and cook for 3/4 minutes
- When ready, drain the pasta
- Using the same pan, fry off your mushrooms until brown then add your butter and herbs and melt the butter.
- Add the ravioli back into the pan and once coated, serve in a bowl with your purée. Grate some fresh parmesan on top and ENJOY!
#homemade #pasta #italian #goatscheese #squash #butternutsquash #foodie #foodlover #foodie #foodlover #homemade #food #foodblog #recipe #blogger #delicious #lunchideas #lunch #dinner #dinnerideas #healthy #cleaneating #freshfood #freshingredients #purée