The days are lighter and the weather is milder so its time to slowly introduce some lovely salad bowls to the mix.
Fresh, colourful and creamy
This bowl includes wonderful greek flavours such as feta and olives, and creamy Tzatziki to freshen things up.
This is a perfect quick lunch. You could even prepare the salad, hummus and tzatziki in advance so all you have to do is griddle the halloumi and assemble. Its also a perfect 'take to work' or 'on the go' lunch as it can be eaten cold.
I have never been to Greece but the food that they eat is something that really puts it on my travel list. I can imagine sitting out in the sunshine, dipping some greek bread into their array of dips. Munching on fresh olives and sampling all that Greece cuisine has to offer.
10 Minutes Preparation
5 Minutes Cooking
2 Slices of Halloumi
2 tbs Hummus (200g/7oz canned chickpeas, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp ground cumin, pinch salt, 1 tbsp tahini, 4 tbsp water, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp paprika)
2 tbs Greek Yogurt
Mint, 2 leaves
1/4 Lemon (Juice)
Red Onion (Diced)
Feta Cheese (Chunks)
1/2 Wholemeal Pitta
(I did add some sriracha mayo onto just to add a little spice, obviously that isn't Greek but it was a good combo)
- Wash the spinach and lay in a bowl as a comfy bed for your toppings
- Slice your Halloumi and set aside
- Chop your tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta and olives and add to a bowl and mix
- Make Tzatziki, combine greek yogurt, grated cucumber, mint and lemon juice
- Add Hummus, Tzatziki and Salad to the bowl
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat
- Add halloumi and griddle until soft and coloured
- Add to the bowl, serve with pitta bread and ENJOY!