I love a risotto. Yes, they are laborious and its not a meal you can leave alone but it is so worth it for that creamy flavour soaking rice.
Here is my ham risotto. This is a meal that I make every time we have a roast ham on a weekend. We get such a large ham joint that it feeds us for an entire week. Ham sandwiches, chicken and ham pie, ham and chips. If it has ham in it you name it, we probably have it.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Onion (Chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (Finely Chopped)
225g Risotto Rice
125ml White Wine (Optional)
750ml Vegetable or Ham Stock (hot)
6 Chestnut Mushrooms (Sliced)
6 Asparagus Spears(Chopped into 5cm Pieces)
Handful of Spinach (Chopped)
50g Parmesan Cheese
- Place a pan over a medium heat on the hob
- Chop your onion
- Slice your mushrooms and asparagus spears
- Put some oil into your pan and add the onions, cook for 5 minutes or until they are turning translucent
- Add your chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally
- Throw in the risotto rice and leave for a minute, then stir and continue to do so until the edges of the rice turn translucent. This means that the rice is more likely to soak up those delicious flavours that you will add to the pan
- Now, add the white wine and stir. Stir until the wine has evaporated. The wine will help deglaze the plan from all of its delicious flavours.
- Now comes the laborious part. Add approximately 100ml of stock and stir until its almost evaporated. Then add another 100ml and repeat.
- When you have approximately 3 more ladles of stock add your asparagus pieces
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add oil
- Cook the mushrooms and asparagus in the frying pan until brown and cooked.
- Add the ham to the risotto and warm through until you have used all of your stock or the rice is to your liking
- Add the spinach and cheese to the risotto and stir
- Serve with your mushrooms and asparagus
#cleaneating #risotto #ham #leftover #asparagus #mushrooms #healthyrecipes #healthy #food #homemade #foodporn#foodie #easydinner #easylunch #foodblogger #blogger #foodblog #blog #dinner #lunch #dinnerinspo #familymeal #family