Healthier Crunchy Onion Rings
Healthier homemade onion rings using only a thin brushing of oil, but not compromising on the crunch. Perfect for burgers, steaks or a fab side.
Ready in 20 minutes.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 egg white
5tbs Panko Breadcrumbs
M E T H O D
- heat the oven to 220c and lightly grease a baking tray. I brush a thin layer of olive oil.
- Cut the ends off the onion and slice into full rounds. Push the onion slices apart to form the rings, then add them to cold water.
- Grab three bowls and the baking tray.
BOWL 1 - Flour
BOWL 2- Egg (Lightly whisked until foamy)
BOWL 3- Breadcrumbs
- Take an onion ring and shake off any excess water. Then dip into the flour. Move it into the egg and coat, then into the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray and repeat will all of the rings.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for a further 5.