Homemade Oven Chips
Crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, chip perfection! Accompanied by this DELICIOUS burger. What a meal!
The burger is topped with some delicious black pepper and truffle mayonnaise (ingredients below), caramelised onions, cheddar cheese, fresh tomato and crispy bacon. Yep, thats right. I am salivating even reading this. All sandwiched between a deliciously sweet brioche bun.
Less than 5 Minutes Preparation
40 Minutes Cooking
2 Large Maris Piper Potatoes
2tbs Olive Oil
3tbs Shop bought Mayonnaise
1tsp Black Pepper
1tbs Truffle Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Peel the potatoes
- Then using a knife, slice the potatoes lengthways (see photo) I would recommend slicing them approximately 2-3cm wide.
- Cut them again to make a chip shape (see photo)
- Rinse the chips under water to remove some starch (you can also leave them in the water in the fridge until you need them)
- Now, drain the chips and dry the excess moisture off with a tea towel or kitchen paper.
- Lay out on a baking tray and drizzle with oil and season.
- Ensure the chips are in a single layer (see photo) and bake in the oven. After 25 minutes, flip the chips to ensure a crisp outside.
- Serve with whatever you like or simple on their own!