Honey Roasted Squash and Carrot Soup
Autumn is here and the days are getting darker and colder. This bowl of silky soup is a perfect evening pick me up.
10 Minutes Preparation Time
50 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Butternut Squash
2tbs Olive Oil
1/2tbs Chilli Flakes
500ml Vegetable Stock
- Start by preheating the oven to 180c/350f.
- Next, prepare your vegetables. Peel and chop the squash and carrots. They want to be an even size to ensure that they roast evenly.
- Add the vegetables to an oven proof tray and drizzle with the oil and honey and season. Mix the vegetables into the liquids and make sure they are all coated.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes. It doesn't matter if they are not fully softened, but they should have started to develop a lovely roasted colour and little brown edges.
- Now, add the stock into a pan and put over a low/medium heat. Add the roasted vegetables into the pan and simmer until the vegetables are lovely and soft.
- Blend into a lovely soup and serve with some delicious bread. My garlic and sage focaccia goes beautifully with this as sage and squash are a match made in heaven!