The spring sun is shining and we've bakes yummy little chocolate cupcakes (with a secret peanut butter centre).
Makes 12 Small Cakes
10 Minutes Preparation
15/20 Minutes Baking Time
I N G R E D I E N T S
20g Cocoa Powder
3tbs Hot Water
90g Caster Sugar
30g Oat Flour
30g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
2 Small Eggs
50g Dark Chocolate
100g Icing Sugar
2tbs Milk (I use hazelnut)
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a small bowl combine the cocoa and water and mix into a paste.
- In a mixer, using the cake paddle, add the butter. Cream until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and mix again.
- Once combined add the chocolate mix.
- Next fold through the dry ingredients.
- Place small cupcake cases into a baking tin and spoon a tablespoon of mix into each case. Topping up with any excess mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
- THIS PART IS OPTIONAL! (You can cut a small circle into the centre of the cake and add a teaspoon of peanut butter and then place the piece you cut out back onto the cake)
- Whilst cooling, whisk together the butter, icing sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Melt the chocolate and leave to cool slightly and pour and mix into the icing.
- Place into a piping bag and pipe onto the cakes.