I love a Jaffa Cake. But where do you stand on the 'cake or biscuit' debate? I'm afraid I sit on the cake side.
These muffins bring together that Jaffa Cake flavour with an actual jaffa cake on top!
Makes 6 Muffins
10 Minutes Preperation
20 Minutes Cooking Time
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg and 1 Yolk
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
1tsp Orange Essence
100g Chocolate Chinks or Chips
Jaffa Cakes Halved
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Use your muffin tray and either grease the tray or use cupcake/muffin cases
- In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy
- Now add the eggs
- Slowly add the flour and the baking powder
- Now pour the orange essence and milk into the mix until its all combined
- Fold the chocolate chips through the mix and then using a spoon or scoop, add the mixture to the muffin tray
- Place half a jaffa cake onto the top of the cake
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Check they are cooked by skewing a cake
- Cool on a wire rack. For extra orange flavour, you could add marmalade into the centre of the cake!
- Drizzle or coat with dark chocolate.