Egg whites are scientifically amazing things. Meringue is a sugary, crispy and chewy treat and created using whisked egg whites and sugar. Thats all!
This sweet and sticky take on a pavlova is so delicious. you'll be going back for seconds!
5 Egg Whites
100g Caster Sugar
100g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 100c/210f and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks. This is when you hold it above your head with true confidence that it won't fall on you.
- Then, a tablespoon at a time, add the caster sugar. The meringue will now become glossy and silky.
- Now, fold in the sifted icing sugar, one third at a time.
- You can now either spoon heaps of the meringue onto baking paper or use a piping bag if you're feeling fancy.
- Bake in the oven for an hour and a half. Then turn the oven off and if you can, leave the meringue in the oven over night.
- ENJOY topped with whipped cream, lemon curd and fresh raspberries.