Fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon curd make this the lemonyest lemon loaf cake around!
10 Minutes Preparation
40 Minutes Cooking
225g Unsalted Butter
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
1 Lemon (Zest)
2 Lemons (Juice and Zest)
100g Caster Sugar
- Set the oven to 180c/350f
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter for the cake
- Then add the eggs one at a time until well combined
- Now add the zest of one lemon
- Sift in the flour and mix into a smooth cake batter
- Place in your loaf tin and bake for 35/40 minutes (or until the centre comes out clean when poked with a skewer
- Now make your curd, put the lemon zest and juice of two lemons, sugar and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the butter has melted.
- Now continually whisk in the eggs to the mixture and keep on a low heat until the mixture thickens (this could take 10 minutes)
- Strain through a sieve for a lump free mixture and leave to cool
- When baked, remove the cake and leave to cool
- Poke the cake several times across the top and pour some lemon curd so that it seeps down the holes into the centre of the cake.
- Icing sugar the top and enjoy with a cup of tea!