Lime and Coconut Cupcakes
2020 has been the year that I have found my obsession with margaritas at home. Like most people, I am missing sitting in a restaurant, ordering cocktails and food. Wahaca was always the place that we would eat delicious Mexican food and try every marg on the cocktail menu. Now, making them at home is the only way to enjoy that life.
So, having said that. We always have plenty of limes in the fruit bowl, and i figured it was time to make something with limes that didn't contain tequila.
Introducing, lime and coconut cupcakes. Light, fluffy and fruity.
I N G R E D I E N T S
110g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Lime Juice and Zest
110g Self Raising Flour
300g Icing Sugar
150g Butter (Softened)
1/2 Lime Juice
30g Desiccated Coconut
M E T H O D
1) Preheat the oven to 180c. Beat together the sugar and butter in a bowl. You can use a wooden spoon or a stand mixer.
2) Now add the eggs one at a time and mix.
3) Pour in the vanilla and lime juice and zest.
4) Mix together then add the flour 1tbs at a time, continuing to mix.
5) Pour the batter evenly into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow too cool in the tray.
6) Whilst the cakes cool, beat together the butter and icing sugar to create a smooth buttercream. Add in the lime juice and half of the coconut.
7) Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.