The mint chocolate combination is one that has stood the test of time. For example, mint choc chip ice cream and after dinner mints being the well known ones. These cookies combine the mint choc chip flavours in deliciously chewy cookies.
As a teen, I would always stop at the bakery on the way to high school. It would be just after 8am and the sausage rolls were fresh out of the oven and the cakes were all ready and waiting in the cake stand. One of my favourites that they had was a peppermint crunch. A chocolatey coconut crunchy base, topped with minty fondant and a chocolate ganache top. These cookies combine these flavours and textures, but in a cookie.
10 Minute Preparation
10 Minutes Cooking
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1/8 Cup Cocoa Powder
50g Coconut Sugar
1/4tsp Baking Powder
120g Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
50g Icing Sugar
A few drops of peppermint extract (adapt to how minty you like it)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the cookies into a bowl and mix
- Now melt the butter over a low heat and leave to cool slightly
- Add the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, including the butter
- Now, pour the wet into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Place baking paper on a baking tray.
- Now, using approximately 2tbs of mixture, roll into a ball and flatten out slightly on a baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Leave to cool whilst you make your peppermint drizzle
- Combine the icing sugar, water and peppermint in a bowl, then drizzle over the cookies.